Announcing our First Ever FCC Young Adult Retreat!
We will be retreating to Pennsylvania's Berks County! Spend a weekend with other FCC Young Adults and away from the city in Birdsboro, PA (2.5hrs driving from NYC, 1hr from Philly), situated between Hopewell Big Woods and Blue Marsh National Recreational Area!
The FCCNY Adoptee Board has booked a fully equipped cabin in the woods with accommodations for up to 10 people. The house has two floors and a secluded yard, overlooking a gentle running creek. Expect hanging out, games, discussions, hiking, swimming, grilling, cooking, and FUN!
Who: FCC YA Adoptees Only (18+).
- LIMITED to 10 people. First come, first served.
- Potentially 12 possible, waitlist will be enabled.
When: Fri July 6 - Sun July 8. Two Night sleepover.
- You are responsible for your own transportation. If you need transport, coordinate to carpool with someone before registering or look into coach buses leaving port authority NYC going to Reading, PA.
Cost: $75 per person - register before May 31st.
- Registration increases to $100 starting June 1st, closing June 15th. No refunds after June 15th.
- Includes: Two (2) night stay with group cooked meals.
How: Register before June 15th with your FCC Young Adult account at FCCNY.ORG
- You must be logged into your YA account to access registration. You may sign up for a YA account if you do not have one yet (for FCC 18+).
- Full details & registration at FCCNY.ORG!
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY STUDY LOOKING FOR
INTERNATIONALLY ADOPTED CHILDREN
Posted January 23, 2018:
Hello everyone, we have recently been contacted by a research group at Columbia University that is studying the ways that emotions are connected to gastrointestinal symptoms in internationally adopted youth. They are recruiting children who have been internationally adopted from institutions or foster care settings, and who are now between 2-4 years of age. This study is performed completely at the participant’s home, so children from anywhere in the United States can participate.
American mother's book about raising her adopted Chinese daughters in China
Dated: January 6, 2018