Guest Speaker Series: Get Involved, Interact, Learn
The CCI Guest Speaker Series is a subset of our Adoptee Only Chats. This project gives our members a chance to speak "in person” with influential figures in the Adoption Community.
Speakers share their fascinating life stories and personal journeys so far. Many are also advocates for Asians in media and entertainment and are actively engaged in organizing the adoptee community.
These live-streamed video chats are moderated by a CCI Board Member about their experience in the Adoption Community. After a short introduction, CCI members are allowed to freely inquire about the speaker's career and influence in the greater community.
We are able to accommodate a limited number attendees (chosen on a first come, first serve basis). However, everyone is invited to watch the live-stream and to Tweet their questions (@cci_adoptees). Afterwards, the video is posted online via YouTube.
We hope that these chats can inform and inspire those interested in getting more involved in the Chinese Adoptee community and the greater adoption community.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Our Guest Speaker chats are NOT endorsements of the individuals, their work, or their personal views on adoption. CCI hosts these events as opportunities for members to interact with influential figures in the Chinese adoptee community.
To be eligible to sign up, please fill in our Video Chat waiver form. You must be a Chinese adoptee who is over 18 to participate.
To sign up for each chat, join our Facebook Group and be on the look-out for sign up forms.
- You must have a Google account to participate. If you don't have one, you must set up an account here.
- Go to plus.google.com and activate your Google+ account. Once you have done that, add email@example.com to your "circles." A day or two before the chat, please do a test call, to ensure that you've downloaded all of the software needed to participate.
- In order to secure a spot, you must have added us and be online at least 20 minutes prior to the chat start time. You should receive an email or notification about this. We will NOT let anyone into the chat who is late.
- Please be sure to be in a quiet area while you are on the chat. When other people are speaking, please be sure to mute your microphone by pressing the button that looks like a microphone with a line through it. We will run through all of these rules again once everyone is online.
Any questions or concerns about these chats, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
To see more of our previous chats, please go here.
- April 4 2016 | Kira Omans: 2015 Pacific Miss Asian American
- February 16 2016 | Jenna Ushkowitz & Sam Futerman: Kindred Adoption
- November 19 2015 | Jennifer Jue-Steuck: Chinese Adoptee Links/Global Generations
- June 9 2015 | DANakaDAN: Alternative Rap Artist